BARTLETT, Ill. — Clare Oaks, a continuing care retirement community in the Chicago suburb of Bartlett, has changed its name to The Oaks at Bartlett and announced changes to its leadership team.
ER Senior Management, which was appointed as the senior living community’s operator at the end of 2020, led the changes. Tim Lynch will take over the community as executive director.
With more than 20 years’ experience in the healthcare and senior living fields, Lynch began his career as a physical therapist and has held management positions in hospitals as well as retirement communities on both coasts and in Texas.
The other new members of the leadership team include:
- Heather Penniman, director of nursing
- Steve Johnson, Assisi Healthcare interim administrator
- Tammy Holzer, director of sale
- Nikki Carroll, director of community life
- Cindy Altmayer, director of assisted living
- Dawn Travis, director of human resources
- Carl Canella, director of facilities management
- Mario Plata, director of dining services
ER Senior Management has earmarked $5 million for capital improvements to The Oaks at Bartlett. Close to $3 million will go toward converting existing skilled nursing care rooms into assisted living residences, which will increase the number of such apartments from 17 to 49.
Other improvements include redesigning the main entrance, redecorating the common areas and repurposing the space outside the dining hall into a casual-dining bistro and social hub.