The Oct. 11 webinar “No Crystal Ball… But Let’s Talk About the Outlook for Seniors Housing Investment and Finance,” featured industry experts discussing market confusion and uncertainty — what is happening now and what may happen in the fourth quarter of 2022 and into 2023. The panel discussion, hosted by Seniors Housing Business and sponsored by Cushman & Wakefield, covered interest rates and trends in the investment, development and financing arenas.
Is there room for optimism in seniors housing? What does investor interest look like now? Learn about how interest rate increases are impacting seniors housing valuations, what a flight to quality means for different sectors, financing concerns and more.
Register to watch the webinar here.
Timestamps of major topics covered:
- (5:25) Impact of rising interest rates on seniors housing valuations
- (7:54) Effects broken down by sector: active adult, skilled nursing, assisted living
- (11:07) Financing in the current environment
- (13:21) Acquisition opportunities, plus deal flow and closing
- (18:10) Outlook for the market in 2023
- (21:57) Development strategies and construction financing
- (29:52) How are labor costs impacting values and buyer appetites?
- (38:57) Industry positives and opportunities in the future
- (43:53) Potential shifts toward renovations
- Rick Swartz, Cushman & Wakefield (moderator)
- Chris Clare, Greystone
- Elliot Pessis, Harrison Street
- Jesse Marinko, Phoenix Senior Living
Webinar sponsor: Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 50,000 employees in over 400 offices and 60 countries. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com.