In an uncertain time for the seniors housing industry, the “” webinar focused on what’s influencing the landscape now and what is likely to affect it in the near future. The Dec. 8 panel discussion, hosted by Seniors Housing Business and sponsored by Valuation & Information Group, delved into tough topics like wages and staffing; inflation; the costs of debt and equity; government reimbursement; and other economic factors to illuminate what we can expect in 2023.
Tune in to hear panelists discuss these topics and more:
- Is cash (equity) king again?
- Occupancy timeframe expectations and realities
- How has the industry’s long-term attitude on discounts/premiums regarding government reimbursement changed?
- State budgets and Medicaid — impacts given the possibility of a recession
- Transaction activity
- Deal volume in the first half of 2022 compared to the second half
- Typical sellers and their motivations
- Typical buyers and why they have left the table (especially levered buyers and how they have been impacted by the change in debt rates, the availability and the amount of debt in the market)
- Typical borrowers
- Valuation impact
- Cash flow and cash value
- Cap rates
to learn more about the valuation outlook for seniors housing.
- JP LoMonaco, Valuation & Information Group (moderator)
- Ken Assiran, Capital Funding Group
- Pilar Carvajal, Innovation Senior Living
- Jeff Sands, HJ Sims
- Talya Nevo-Hacohen, Sabra Health Care REIT
Webinar sponsor: Valuation & Information Group: A recognized leader in valuation and financial consulting, servicing clients nationally.
what experts in the seniors housing industry expect in terms of investment and acquisition activity for the remainder of 2022 and their outlooks for 2023. Lender appetites, interest rates and inflation — what do they mean for the coming year in the seniors housing industry and valuation?
For more information on the seniors housing industry, subscribe to the weekly Seniors Housing Business newsletter or the bi-monthly magazine. To listen to past Seniors Housing webinars, click here.