Even in an environment in which banks are slower to back construction loans and operating pressures abound, seniors housing developers are adding product to the market at an aggressive clip.
The industry, fueled by favorable demographics and ready capital, has added over 20,000 new units over the last three years.
Still, the most successful seniors housing companies are taking a more sober approach, picking their spots.
For these proven players, developers and owner/operators who develop, there’s no one approach. Some pursue growth through ground-up construction; others through acquisition; still others through the repositioning of existing properties.
examines the pros and cons of each strategy and thoughts around what can help turn demographic projections into lease up reality.
Webinar sponsor: Moves for Seniors
- Allen McMurtry, Executive Managing Director, Cushman & Wakefield (Moderator)
- Robert Burg, Executive Vice President, Moves For Seniors
- Charlie Jennings, Chief Development Officer, Harbor Retirement Associates
- Scott Gensler, Vice President, Business Development, Erickson Living
- Rob Leinbach, Principal, Cadence Senior Living
- Matt Johnson, Principal, McFarlin Group