Last week Seniors Housing Business hosted a webinar entitled “Seniors Housing Development Pushes Forward: Hear From Operators with Projects and Pipelines in Place,” experts panelists discussed how industry leaders are forging ahead with new ground-up construction projects as well as the challenges associated with leasing up properties in times of strained occupancy.
Register to hear topics including managing pipelines, the availability of capital, the impact of COVID-19 on pro formas and investment returns, plus changes to building design/refurbishing and repurposing projects. Hear how industry leaders are focusing on seniors housing products and new operating realities.
See a list of some of the topics covered and their timestamps below:
- (05:00) Development perspective during COVID-19 pandemic & expectations for the post-pandemic era
- (13:04) Capital markets/changes in the debt market
- (16:58) Institutional equity perspectives
- (18:10) Changes in construction costs
- (21:58) Design/operational changes as a reaction to coronavirus
- (31:38) Acuity levels in residents
- (37:35) Repurposing projects, including opportunities with hotels, shopping malls and big box retail
- (48:08) Boosting leasing efforts
- (1:01:00) Partnerships with higher education institutions
- (1:03:00) Technology integrations in new and existing communities
- Richard Swartz (moderator), Cushman & Wakefield
- Charlie Jennings, Harbor Retirement Associates
- Bryan Schachter, Watermark Retirement Communities
- Rob Leinbach, Cadence Living
- Robert Burg, Moves For Seniors
- Matt Johnson, McFarlin Group
Webinar sponsor: Moves for Seniors is the nationwide leader in senior moving services. They offer comprehensive moving solutions for senior living communities and their residents. Their network of licensed and insured moving partners and Senior Move Specialists operate across the country. They strive to create an experience that is simple, stress-free, comforting and pleasant. With community partnership programs and pilot trial periods, they provide customized solutions that sign more leases and cut workplace liability expenses.
Listen to hear about new ground-up, seniors housing construction projects and the challenges of occupancy in the time of coronavirus.
To see past Seniors Housing Business webinars, click here. For more information on the seniors housing industry, subscribe to the weekly Seniors Housing Business newsletter or the bi-monthly magazine.