On May 13, Seniors Housing Business hosted a panel discussion to explore the question: How will the coronavirus pandemic impact market valuation in the seniors housing sector?
While there’s been a stock price rebound after REIT value plummeted at the outset of the pandemic, it isn’t clear right now where prices might end up for private and public markets.
to learn how the traditional components of seniors housing valuation have been upended by COVID-19 and what factors will most influence future prices. Listen in to hear what experts in the seniors housing industry think about the following topics:
- Seniors housing market activity in the current climate: impact on cap rates and long-term lending
- Investor perception of seniors housing
- Long-term versus short-term value and demand forecasts
- Assisted living facilities versus skilled nursing facilities: the differing impact to segments within seniors housing
- The effect of COVID-19 based on geography and location density
- Predictions for a possible end to the short-term disruption
- Restoring confidence for residents and their families
The webinar sponsor, Valuation & Information Group, was established to provide specialized, expert valuations and services to healthcare facility operators, lenders and advisors. Healthcare facilities are special-use properties. Retaining a firm that understands the healthcare business is crucial to obtaining the correct valuation. The professionals at Valuation & Information Group are valuation experts who understand the unique aspects of the healthcare business.
- JP LoMonaco, President Valuation & Information Group (Moderator)
- Rich Lerner, Executive Vice Chairman, Housing & Healthcare Finance
- Brian Sunday, Senior Portfolio Manager, AEW Capital Management
- Talya Nevo-Hacohen, Chief Investment Officer, Sabra Health Care REIT
- Adam Heavenrich, Managing Director, Heavenrich & Company
to access the webinar audio recording. Hear what experts in the seniors housing industry have to say about the market in our current environment, as well as what is likely to happen long term.