In the Oct. 26 Seniors Housing Business webinar entitled “” the topic of discussion was how best to keep residents and staff safe from COVID-19. Panelists shared differing approaches to this difficult problem, as well as their decision-making processes for setting vaccination requirements within their communities, employee incentives, communication strategies and how to implement these best practices in the midst of staffing shortages.
how these decisions impact seniors housing operations, human resources and marketing approaches, and how industry professionals are implementing creative solutions and tackling the concerns listed below.
- Mandating vaccination or not, as well as handling staff concerns
- Responding to guidance/requirements from state and federal entities
- Methods for handling the employment crisis: wage analysis, flexible work schedules, work/life balance approaches
- Best practices for communication with residents, employees and loved ones
- Marketing community practices to prospective residents and family members
- Occupancy growth: trends and expectations
- Robert Burg, Moves For Seniors (moderator)
- Lisa Lacy, Discovery Senior Living
- John Hartmayer, Benchmark
- Christy Van Der Westhuizen, MBK Senior Living
- Mark Maclaine, Oakmont
Webinar sponsor: Moves for Seniors is the nationwide leader in senior moving services. They offer comprehensive moving solutions for senior living communities and their residents. Their network of licensed and insured moving partners and Senior Move Specialists operate across the country. They strive to create an experience that is simple, stress-free, comforting and pleasant. With community partnership programs and pilot trial periods, they provide customized solutions that sign more leases and cut workplace liability expenses.
To see past Seniors Housing Business webinars, click here. For more information on the seniors housing industry, subscribe to the weekly Seniors Housing Business newsletter or the bi-monthly magazine.